The Victorian government has imposed state-wide Stage 4 lockdown restrictions which came into effect from 11:59pm Wednesday 12th February for a period of five days. As such, dental care restrictions apply to all public and private dental services in Melbourne.
What Does it mean for Dental Patients in Melbourne?
Melbourne dentists are allowed to provide emergency dental care only within the following framework in the management of:
- Patients with obvious facial swelling due to infection, i.e. vestibular swelling, facial swelling; or
- Facial trauma; or
- Severe unrelenting pain
Keeping Safe at Dental Clinics
When you contact the dental clinic, our staff will ask you a number of screening questions per current COVID-19 guidelines:
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household been experiencing any respiratory or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Are you a healthcare, aged or residential aged care worker with direct patient contact?
If you answered YES to the above questions, you are advised to contact the COVID-19 24-hour hotline on 1800 675 398, your GP or emergency department to arrange for testing and appropriate care prior to seeking dental treatment.
We remain committed to the safety of our dental patients and dental staff as a priority. We thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
Thank you also for your continued support in these challenging times. Stay safe and take care.